On 11/28/05, Eric Faurot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 11/28/05, Jeremy David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The website is hacky, invalid, and broken.
>
> broken? which page? which browser?

Hi. Thanks for joining the conversation, Eric.

I appreciate your question, but I believe to cite a particular page
which doesn't work as intended on a particular browser would be to
miss the point.

What is means when the HTML code is invalid is that you're inviting
unpredictability. Sure, it might look ok in this version of Firefox,
but what about the next version of FIrefox? Or the 2007 edition of
Konquerer? The only way to make sure that your HTML code will not
cause an unpredictable fault in a browser now, or in the future is to
make the code valid.

Making the code valid now will save you a lot of trouble in the future
when, hypothetically, Firefox 2 is released and it chokes and dies on
this particular piece of invalid code. Why wait around until it
breaks? The best way to handle the problem is to fix it now, so that
you don't have to rush and fix it when it crashes and burns later.

- Jeremy