On 3/15/14 12:54 PM, Jean-Francois Simon <jfsimon1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a secure mail provider, i fpossible using OpenBSD,
> also wondering if OpenBSD itself provides it for interested people.
> If anybody has informations thanks would be interesting to share.

https://github.com/mailserv/mailserv comes to mind, although I've
never tried it or read its source.

I think a better question might be what qualities you're actually
looking for in your "mail provider" as your question seems to
indicate a misguided approach towards some notion of "secure email".

As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between 3rd party email
services is reliability. I wouldn't trust any of them anyway.

I see you have a pgp key on the keyservers, but it seems somewhat
neglected since all your sigs have expired and dsa/elgamal (especially
with 1024 bit keys) hasn't been recommended for quite some time. I
think revisiting that would be a more productive use of your time
than abandoning your gmail account.

Although, don't read the above as "pgp solves your problems", you
haven't explained your problems, and pgp has its issues too, some of
which are unavoidable because of problems inherent to email to begin
with.

If what you're after is something more along the lines of "private
communication", I'd say email probably isn't what you're looking
for to begin with. Maybe something more like OTR [1], or pond once
it gets reviewed more.

[1] https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/
[2] https://github.com/agl/pond

If you want absolute privacy, don't use computers.
If you want to get things done, keep your gmail.
If you want to read documentation, become your own "mail provider
using OpenBSD".