On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org> wrote:

> In the future, please submit concise reports rather than a link to
> something vague which is part of a long conversation on some site out
> there.  It will indicate you are serious.

I may do that.

> Perhaps VMIN and VTIME were designed back in the day to make
> multi-share performance of machines work better, not to satisfy
> timing-grained servicing.

Maybe they just overlooked the worst case. Anchoring the timer at the
first byte, instead of letting it roll and restart with each new byte,
would eliminate the worst case.

> I'd suggest approaching the Austin Group.  At worst, you'll waste your
> own time.  At best, you'll waste their time.  At least improve your
> approach.

I could submit a detailed report to the list, but if I'm the only one
who cares about it, why bother. I can attempt a local hack and keep it
to myself.

I'm not attacking OpenBSD; I just wondered if anyone else might be
interested. The Austin Group? I doubt they are.