> > I suspect they all follow an official specification.  Careful test code
> > compared to the specification would decide.
>
> > It might show them all to be right, leaving the obvious conclusion about
> > who is wrong.
>
> To test it, I used two Perl scripts, sender and receiver, a two port
> serial card, and a null modem cable. I controlled the sending rate of
> 11 cps by calling syswrite with 1 byte, in a loop with a 0.09 second
> pause between iterations.
>
> You think they went to all that trouble?
>
> My tests say the problem is real. Whether it's important or not, is a
> matter of opinion. Believe what you will.

Let's assume it works like specified.

Wow, really thick skull you got there.  I am not going to get into the
details of how it works, but into your mindset.

Your mindset is that it behaves wrong, and should be changed.  Get
real.  If it works like it is specified, then it will not be changed.
It is not up to me, or anyone else here.

It could be totally useless, and it would not get changed.  It might
get replaced.

If you want a new behaviour, you get to push for a brand new
interface.  Existing interfaces do not get changed.

But your cute little nickname should have hinted that you don't have a
mature understanding of the world.....