Hi Stuart,

Le 08/04/2014 10:41, Stuart Henderson a écrit :
> On 2014-04-07, Christophe <t...@stuxnet.org> wrote:
>> The goal is to accept every SIP device from inside the LAN to register
>> to SIP provider without any "outbound proxy" configuration, and let
>> siproxd acting as a masquerading server.
>
> Do you really need it? Most user-facing SIP providers run SBCs to work
> around NAT problems (amongst other things) and either don't need, or
> work better without, SIP NAT helpers.

As you say : most , but not all ... and we have to deal with :( .

Cisco routers (2600 and 800 series) are able to handle this : only
public IP address are seen in SIP packets on external network interface,
without configuring anything in "internal SIP devices" (IPBX or phones).

That's why I try to get a similar behavior using a transparent SIP proxy.

Don't know if it's the best way to do, but from what I know of SIP
protocol and NAT issues, I found it was a nice solution to handle all
cases with minimum configuration (or reconfiguration) ;).

Christophe.