Thanks for the answers!

Yes, it's a single physical machine running Debian (OpenBSD is not an
option for my friends, and I don't know anything about virtualization in
OpenBSD, just that there isn't a native support).

Answering to Tomas:
1) This is the host (physical machine)
http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex40
2) I'm going to test it, but I wanted some advices about it's performance
and if it will fit our our needs, so that way I won't loose any time
setting it up.
3) As far as I know now, the more common type of traffic will be: HTTP/S,
VPN, Owncloud and bittorrent sync, VoIP and XMPP.
4) We only have a single physical machine, and they 3 of them (we are 5)
never used OpenBSD, and they are not exactly "excited" about using it.