Folks,

I'm trying to configure the amd service in order to auto-mount a NFS
directory. I noticed that adding the following line in
/etc/rc.conf.local:

amd_flags="-a /tmp/amd_mnt -l syslog -x all /nfs nfs.map"

the service fails to start, not being probably able to apply the
specified options to the /usr/sbin/amd command.

Instead, using the following line in /etc/rc.conf.local:

amd_flags=""

and specifying the options in /etc/amd/master:

just22@poseidon:[~]> cat /etc/amd/master
-a /tmp/amd_mnt -l syslog -x all /nfs nfs.map

all works as expected.

Is this the intended behaviour? If so, the amd service is a kind of
exception, and it should be documented in the man page, I think...
Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

All the best

--