Hello,

I'm converting a .rc script made by someone a coupe of years ago for the same product I'm currently working on. It's important for this tale as this may mean that this actually worked for some previous versions.
I'm working on 5.2 version.

1. I have a custom "rc_register()" sub defined in my .rc script, but I cannot make rc subsystem recognize that - trying to run that ends with calling rc_usage(). I've checked up (briefly) rc.subr and I cannot see there any possibility to have custom rc_${SUB} functions implemented.
So, is it possible or maybe it was possible some time ago?

2. I'm having a very simple problem of getting any STDOUT output from the daemon I'm running. Just as well I'm not getting anything with simple "echo foo" put into rc_start(), but the more serious issue is when the daemon fails to start, prints out a message to STDOUT (it's a Perl script) but rc subsystem only says that it has failed with all the output from the daemon lost somewhere. Is it my fault or is it a design or, as in the previous case, it worked and is not working anymore?

Regards,
 ML