> Ubuntu (server) 14.04 supports UEFI so it's hard to tell what you are
> seeing here.

> Perhaps you could explain what happens when you try and boot OpenBSD?
> Let's start with 1. what medium are you using and 2. what does it
> display when it tries to boot?

When I power on the machine I see the GigaByte logo and at the bottom
the options to enter the bios, Q-flash and boot selection. As soon
as this is shown the system freezes. I can't enter the bios by pressing
Del or select the boot media by pressing F12 nor does OpenBSD start.

I've installed the system using the install55.iso onto the SATA
harddisk (WD Green 1TB).

Once I have installed OpenBSD onto the harddisk I can't get into
the bios or boot from a CDROM althrough the CDROM is specified as
the first boot device. To be able to enter the bios again I have
to remove the harddisk or whipe the first few megabytes of the harddisk
with dd on another computer.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Martijn Rijkeboer