On Mon (28/04/14), Martijn Rijkeboer wrote:
> I've installed OpenBSD-current AMD64 on my new computer without problems,
> but as soon as I reboot the system, it freezes in the post. The only way to
> go past the post is wiping the first few megabytes of the harddisk using
> another computer and than start again. After installing I can't even
> enter the bios setup.
>
> The system contains the following components:
> - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H
> - CPU: Intel Core i3 4130T
> - Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
>
> I've configured the bios the following way:
> - Windows 8 Features: "Other OS"
> - Boot Mode Selection: "Legacy Only"
> - VGA Support: "Auto" (Enables legacy option)

Hello,
I'm not familiar with the particular motherboard, but I had success
with other Gigabyte models.

Find the option "CSM Support" in the bios and set it to "Always", leave
"Boot Mode Selection" and "Storage Boot Option Control" to "Legacy
Only", power down the system and then try booting OpenBSD.

If it works, could you pls try booting OpenBSD from PXE, with bios
option "Other PCI Device ROM Priority" set to "Legacy OpROM" ?