On 2 May 2014 14:54,  <thors...@bonck.net> wrote:
> Under 5.4-stable, following configuration sets up a working connection
> for me:
>
> /etc/hostname.pppoe0:
>
> inet 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 NONE \
>         pppoedev vlan10 authproto pap \
>         authname 'XXX' authkey 'YYY' up
> dest 0.0.0.1
> !/sbin/route add default -ifp pppoe0 0.0.0.1
> #eof
>
> /etc/hostname.vlan10:
>
> vlan 10 vlandev rl0 up
> #eof
>
> /etc/hostname.rl0:
>
> up lladdr 12:34:56:78:90:ab
> #needed for assignment of 'static' IP
> #eof
>
> Having installed OpenBSD-5.5 amd64 the exact same configuration does
> not succeed in setting up a working network connection.

I can confirm this. I saw the very same on i386. In my case, the VLAN
is only used internally on my LAN, and I wanted to make it work again
quickly, so I just removed the VLAN from the setup and used the
hardware interface directly as pppoedev for pppoe0, which made it work
again. I see that only as temporary workaround though.