On 2014-06-07 12:51, JB M wrote:
I'm having troubles installing OpenBSD 5.5 (amd64) on a mSATA SSD card (
http://pcengines.ch/msata16a.htm) PC Engines APU.1C device (
http://pcengines.ch/apu.htm) with the most recent BIOS version.

I've made several attempts, using install55.fs copied to an SD card, with
both 5.5-release and 5.5-current (June 6th snapshot).

Most attempts have failed, either during the install (filesystem creation phase or during the sets extraction phase) or during the first boot after
the initial install (case reported in this message).

I wonder if I have a faulty SSD unit.

Does the mSATA drive have the new firmware, or is it one of the "problem" drives from earlier?

If you have a null modem serial cable handy, you could try PXE booting and then installing the OS to the SD Card instead of the mSATA drive to at least rule out any other issues. Then try the same process and install to the mSATA card and see if you have the same problem again.

Mike