Quoting ML mail <mlnos...@yahoo.com>:

I have four /24 subnets and currently have one subnet per ethernet interface (1Gbit/s) on my openbsd firewall. Now I was wondering if in terms of performance (especially latency/pps) it is better to have one subnet per ethernet interface like I have now or to have the four subnets on one single interface using vlan interfaces?

I haven't noticed any difference myself.

Note here that I would also be using the trunk interface to aggregate two 10 Gbit/s interfaces for redundancy. So my four VLANs would be inside a trunk interface.

OSPF combined with ECMP is a more robust and flexible solution than trunking IMO.