I am particularly interested in Trinity and Richland AMD APUs. The have
Northern Islands/VLIW4-based GPU architectures. As far as I know on Linux
they have great support by open source drivers (unfortunately with binary
blob). As far as I know there is some basic automatic relocking of this GPUs.
I would be glad to know your experiences with this laptop APUs on
OpenBSD.
I know that probably temperature and power usage will be higher than on
other operating systems. If power consumption is higher not more than 30
-40% of consumption under Windows, it will go for shopping in coming
weeks (I will have busy two weeks from now).