On 05 Jul 2014, at 23:42, Predrag Punosevac <punoseva...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have immense respect for Matt as a user of his code since Amiga C
> compiler. I probably speak for lots of people both in OpenBSD and
> DragonFly camp if I say that I would prefer him to finish HAMMER2 and
> leave concurrent threading in PF to Henning.

Talks about this date back at least two years.  These days NetBSD is
doing npf(4), and FreeBSD and DragonFly moved on to implement their
own SMP support.

Missing SMP support is the fork in the road.  The window of opportunity
seems to be closing.  A penny for Henning's thoughts on this...

Cheers,
Franco