Since you dropped the word production, most places would advise you to
follow stable and leave it at that.  Upgrade when the next version becomes
available (May and November are the release months for OpenBSD)  This is
sound advice.  The other option is to follow current.  If you choose to do
this for production, you should probably consider taking the following
steps:

Grab a current snapshot.  Install on a test/dev box, and run it there for a
while until you are comfortable that it is stable enough for possible
production.  If you deem that it is, install that to production.  If you
don't, you can track current until you find a version that is.  At that
point, either install that stablish current snapshot, or if you were
tracking it via cvs updates, build a release from it (instructions in the
FAQ on the website work great for this) and then install that home grown
release.  Either is viable, you just have to make the call for yourself how
much you want to tie up into test/dev to track current or not.  Current is
usually pretty stable, but there are times that something breaks in a
snapshot and that's not a grand place to be for production, so it's still a
(little) dangerous.