On 2014-08-28 14:52, ludovic coues wrote:
Hello,

Recently, I get a kernel page fault every time I try to use the
micronucleus [1] command line tool. It 's for uploading an hex file to
ATtiny processor, much like arduino's avrude. The crash is pretty
consistent, occuring every time I run `micronucleus --run`.
I've managed to use it with success in the past on this machine with
55-release so it might be hardware related. I added a realtek wireless
device since last time I've get a successful run with micronucleus.

I get the following message when I run it:
uvm_fault(0xffffffff81daaf001, 0x2, 2, 0, 1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped at usbd_get_cdesc+035: movzwl 0x2 (%rax),%eax

It's followed by the debugger prompt. I don't know how what to do from
that point. I'm willing to spend time tracking the source of the
problem but I have no idea of what I'm looking for.

thanks

[1] https://github.com/micronucleus/micronucleus

Good day, Ludovic.  I have two suggestions:

1) Include a full dmesg with every problem report, even informal reports
such as this one.  We know you're running 5.5-release, but there are
21 different hardware platforms that release runs on.  The dmesg
will show your complete hardware configuration, from the kernel's
perspective.  In addition, that dmesg will show your USB hardware, and
the problem is obviously USB-related.

2) The crash(8) man page will give you advice and guidance on what to do at that
kernel debugger prompt.