On 15-10-2014 01:38, Justin Mayes wrote:
> Thanks to both of you for the advice
> Just to followup I ended up with the relayd 'routers' setup as described in
man  page but with a script monitor rather than icmp. The monitor finds
gateway for interface in route table and pings it with "-I" interface source
address. Seems to work as desired. I also got it to work with ifstated but it
seemed like more script and also a 2nd process when I have to run relayd for
other purpose anyway.
Glad that you got it working. But I really don't think a ifstated
running alongside your relayd daemon would hurt your performance. And it
would give you interface failure detection for free. Just keep in mind
that detecting if you gateway is up, doesn't necessarily means detecting
if that given gateway has internet connectivity. You might also need to
ping some internet addresses for that.

Cheers

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]