On 11/16/2014 11:08 AM, Jonathan Thornburg wrote:
> (e) maybe have firefox go through an ssh tunnel to localhost
> (f) run firefox as an unpriviliged user _firefox, group _firefox, and
>     use Unix file permissions to deny that user access to $HOME/

I think these two in conjunction would be sufficient to block a large majority
of
the possible attacks.

(f) is going to require some segregated file structure as a substitute for
user's home, for cache, downloads, etc. probably that structure needs to
be owned by user with a group_firefox.

I've often worried about browsers, even the open source ones.