On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM, giacomo <luis...@tin.it> wrote:
> On 16.11.14, 20:25, Philip Guenther wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM, giacomo <luis...@tin.it> wrote:
>> > Recently I have upgrade my system from OpenBSD 5.4 to 5.5 and 5.6.
>> > In old system I installed the port of Postfix with SASL and MySQL support.
>> > In the 5.4 the program work fine. After the two aupgrade with the same
>> > configuration I have problem with authentication.
>>
>> What crypt(3) format was used for the passwords?
>>
>> In OpenBSD 5.6, support for MD5-style passwords where the hashed
>> password starts with $1$ has been removed.
>
> Thanks for your replay,
> I use Cyrus SASL library. The configuration of Postfix is the same in
> 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 system but in 5.4 run well and the later not run.

Let me try again.

Your postfix+cyrus-sasl setup is storing passwords, in *some*
checkable form, *somewhere*.

Since this is cyrus-sasl, there are many possible places it could
store them.  You mention mysql, so maybe it's storing them there?
Let's assume that.

So, that leaves the *format* that they are stored in.  *If* cyrus-sasl
is storing them in crypt's MD5 format, then this would explain the
problem: support for the MD5 format was removed from OpenBSD in 5.6.
That's the most obvious explanation (to me) for why your setup stopped
working, but we really don't have much to go on.

But hey, they're your passwords, in a black box that you...don't know
how to look into?  Maybe you should familiarize yourself with how
they're stored?  I suggest that you read the cyrus-sasl docs and
webpages and see what's in your config file and from that figure out
what's going on.

Philip Guenther