Hmm, have you been keeping an eye on your logs? I eventually got a
warning telling me that Tor had to stop opening connections because it
couldn't open any more files. Regardless, Tor frequently opens thousands
of files, while the default hard limit for OpenBSD users is 512-1024
files. My Linux nodes generally have 9,000+ files open across all users
when mature.

I could be missing something - let me know if I am.