I just upgraded one of a matched pair of 5.5 systems to 5.6, and after the upgrade finished, it occured to me to wonder "what about the binpatch55-amd64-* packages from m:tier"?

They're all still installed (unsurprisingly), and I'm uncertain what to do about it now. I'm thinking that if I uninstall the packages normally, they'll revert certain system files to 5.5-RELEASE, which would be undesirable.

So I now have two cases:
1) for a post-5.6-upgraded system, should I just manually remove /var/db/pkg/binpatch55* and /var/db/binpatch/*, or is there a better way to handle this? 2) for the not-yet-upgraded system, should I remove the patches normally, reverting to 5.5-RELEASE, or ... ?

Thanks,
-Adam

--
-Adam Thompson