On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 09:03:55AM +0100, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:
> Dear @misc reader,
>
> my HP Deskjet F4280 USB printer is (again!) not working after CUPS
> update to v2.0.1 in current.
>
> ulpt* is of course disabled, devices' permissions seem ok and the
> printer is correctly recognized:
>
> Console log for poseidon.atlantide.net
> ugen1 at uhub8 port 4 "HP Deskjet F4200 series" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 7

The issue is not with USB printing per se but with the HPLIP driver with a USB
printer.
I have several USB printers that I use without issue.

There's probably a regression in HLIP after CUPS got updated to version 2.
I'll try and look into it but don't hold your breath too soon... or maybe a
future HPLIP release will fix this.

--
Antoine