Hi Raf

Would rather not gives these files out as they do reveal the layout of my
network. But the simple hosts file I tried was along the lines of:

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.1 myserver.domain.com TheServer

Like I say the hosts file should do its work without the resolv.conf file
(which I tried), so that can't by itself be the issue. Probably best to
keep things simple to start with, then re-introduce the resolv.conf file
later once we get the resolver using the hosts file.

--
Regards
Richard