On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 04:53:32PM EST, Richard Brooks wrote:

> Hi Raf

Hi Richard,

> Would rather not gives these files out as they do reveal the layout of my
> network. But the simple hosts file I tried was along the lines of:

Content of 'resolv.conf' might be crucial here - otherwise you may be
wasting all our time here. I'm not asking for a verbatim copy of either
of the files but knowing which options you have used apart from the
aforementioned 'lookup' and 'nameserver', would be very nice.

> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 192.168.1.1 myserver.domain.com TheServer

You haven't answered my other question - how are you doing the lookup?

host myserver.domain.com

or

host myserver

or

host TheServer

also, please specify which utility you are using (host?).

Regards,

Raf