On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 04:33:56PM -0800, Jason Adams wrote:
> Split DNS is a very good reason for using bind, and its not that hard to set
> up.
> I could private email you an example.
>
> If unbound doesn't do this, it is missing one of the main reasons people and
> institutions
> run their own dns servers (whether or not they are behind nat).

I think there's a serious amount of confusion going on about the goal of
unbound.  It's *not* an authoritative name server.  It doesn't try to be
(aside from very, very simple configurations).  It's a recursive caching
resolver.

Saying unbound is broken because it doesn't have split DNS is like saying
lighttpd is garbage because it doesn't handle imap like nginx.