Stuart Henderson,
Thank you for encouragement, it is much needed and appreciated.
> Good stuff. Now that it's working, it might be interesting to follow-up
with> a list post including the dmesg which might give us clues as to why 5.6
didn't> work :-)
Do you mean typing "dmesg" from the $ prompt and post what I get?
I need to add that I could install OpenBSD 5.7 from both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
port. So, OpenBSD 5.7 not only provided support for USB 3.0, but also for that
specific USB 2.0 port that was not supported by OpenBSD 5.6.
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> From: s...@spacehopper.org
> Subject: Re: Installing OpenBSD 5.6 using a USB Flash drive
> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:46:02 +0000
>
> On 2015-02-19, Raimo Niskanen <raimo+open...@erix.ericsson.se> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 05:30:29PM +0100, Alexander Hall wrote:

> >> Either way, I see no reason not to run amd64 on that processor.
> >
> > Won't i386 use less memory making it more efficient up to about 2 GB of
RAM