On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 05:35:43PM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> So the file system is the package management system?

File system == base system + xenocara + pkg system + user files

We now have mostly accurate information for all of these, which is
what the end run of pkg_check tries to do.

> Is, perhaps, pkg_check trying to do too many things, maybe?

Nah, it's just not finished yet, but we don't have any tools being able
to clean up the base system. And since there is stuff in /etc that actually
belongs to the pkg system, I see no way around that.

Also, assuming you only have base systems and packages installed, knowing
when to remove old shared libraries is something we have information for...

So, yeah, it's the correct place to do things.  You can't do it without
having all the packaging information.