On 03/03/15 18:21, Bob Eby wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a wireless network using OpenBSD 5.6.  I see a
couple FAQ questions talking about a "wpa-psk" command to convert plaintext
to encrypted string, but still getting secure wireless working is about as
clear as mud.

Yes, if you search randomly around the Internet, you can find all kinds of obsolete information.

If you use the search box on the OpenBSD FAQ page, the only thing that comes up for wpa-psk is it was removed in 4.9.

try http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#Wireless

It really isn't that hard. You have a few basic parameters, you have a place to put them. Then it works.

Nick.