On 4 май 2015 г. 4:26:30 mark hellewell <mark.hellew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Today I reported a similar observation to misc.  Did you find out any
more information?  Some more info below.

I red your email. The only information I found was when I made a BIOS reset - then I got 3-4 silo overflows in dmesg per day which where much better. Also every overflow was from 1 to 3 which didn't break NMEA sentence like before. Then I start tunning some BIOS settings one at a time. The first one was Sata mode - from Ide to AHCI. After day or two of uptime the overflow message showed again. This time with more silo than with BIOS default settings.

On 1 March 2015 at 09:23, Atanas Vladimirov <vl...@bsdbg.net> wrote:

> I have NMEA sensor (Garmin GPS 18x Lvc) which is used for time source for
> OpenNTPD

Mine's a Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout, hooked up via a MAX232 and
with PPS connected to DCD.

I use PPS the same way.

> /etc/ttys:
> tty01   "/sbin/ldattach -t dcd nmea"    unknown on  mdmbuf

tty04   "/sbin/ldattach -s 9600 -t dcd nmea"    unknown on softcar

> I also observed that kern.netlivelocks are increasing with one or two every
> two/three seconds.
> [ns]~$ sysctl -a | grep livelock
> kern.netlivelocks=2720

I'm not seeing this.

> Here my knowledge ends but I can provide more details if you tell me how.
>
> [ns]~$ uptime
> 11:28PM  up 8 days,  1:28, 1 user, load averages: 0.36, 0.35, 0.33
>
> [ns]~$ vmstat -i

interrupt                       total     rate
irq0/clock                    9241233      199
irq0/ipi                       219496        4
irq99/ehci1                     13191        0
irq96/com4                   13270726      287
irq112/em0                    7116867      154
irq113/em1                    5191206      112
irq114/em2                     495868       10
irq144/com0                        50        0
Total                        35548637      769

Mark

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com