On Sunday 07 June 2015 17:55:16 s...@asm68k.org wrote:
> Hello mailing list users,
>

> I was asked to repeat this question here.
>
> I am searching a wifi network card, which has the following properties:
> - provide a network in the 2,4 GHz and the 5 GHz
>    bandwidths at the same time
> - has just one antenna (the alix 1e has just one slot for antenna)
> - is supported by OpenBSD (obviously, version does not matter)
> - fits into a mini-pci slot
>
> Can someone help me to find such a card? `man rel(4)` did not show any
> useable cards.
>

> Thank you in advance and kind regards,
> Dirk

Hi Dirk:

As an AP or as a client?
PCEngines offers the Wistron CM9. Unfortunately I found that the RF-output
power is far too low to be useful as an AP.
The Compex WLM200X works better. Both cards need a dual band antenna. Both
card's layout is for two antennas. I don't know of any card with only one.
My trials with the WLM200X are not over. Clients connect fine to the AP on
2.4GHz and 5GHz but I didn't manage to assign an IP to the clients with DHCP
although my DHCP server is working fine via wire in the same network.
Up to now I couldn't manage to find out if that is a shortcoming of my
understanding/setup or a shortcoming of the athn driver or a shortcoming of
the hardware.

Setup:

Bridge--with--athn0---vether0---vr1
Dhcp server listens on vether0