On 06/07/15 22:57, bytevolc...@safe-mail.net wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 22:27:05 -0400
> Nick Holland <n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
>> Where did you get these source files?  Just checked the ones on the
>> mirrors, they do not have such a tag on them.  I'll check the
>> CDs..um...not tonight.
> I am quite certain the ones I got were from the ftp mirror. I've had
> them for almost a month, but I recall getting them from
> ftp.iinet.net.au.
>
> Now that you mention it, this is actually the first time I've
> encountered such a thing while updating my copy of the source tree to
> -current; I've never had to do this with tarballs of earlier releases.

yeah. You might want to look into this.
I've checked files from my mirror, ftp.iinet.net.au, and the CD.  None
of them have this 5.7 tag you claim is there.

Now, IF you had a machine you ran on an older release, checked out a
-stable version of the tree, then tried to upgrade to -current and
overwrote the tree with the new source tar.gz file -- the old "Tag"
files would still be there, and not altered or removed by the newer
tar.gz files.

Nick.