After realizing that FuguIta runs stable and not current like I thought
(sorry for the noise) I decided to download a snapshot from an openbsd
mirror and to install it in my Thinkpad T410.  I indeed noticed an
improvement in the CPU temperature issue:

With 5.7 release after booting:

hw.sensors.fan0=3283 RPM
hw.sensors.temp0=43.00 degC
hw.sensors.itherm0.power0=5.00 W

With 5.8 Jun 18th snapshot idem:

hw.sensors.fan0=1981 RPM
hw.sensors.temp0=37.00 degC
hw.sensors.itherm0.power0=4.00 W

Even so there is no improvement in battery life.  Two hours maximum.

   ***

OFF TOPIC

I had to change my email address to be able to post this message; the
original address I'd subscribed to this mailing list was blacklisted
without apparent reason.  I asked for help sending a message to
owner-majord...@openbsd.org as pointed at in the majordomo web interface
(using this new address since the other is banned); no response.  So
I'll repeat here my suggestion to warn others about the issue: new users
of openbsd mailing lists should be aware about the long delays they'll
experience because of the spamd "greylist" settings, and, honestly, the
postmaster should consider if spam is really more annoying than
suffering this greylisting measure.

        Walter