Robert C Wittig wrote:
<snip/>
So I wrote a shell script that, when run, will re-write
/etc/resolv.conf with the current working DNS-1 and DNS-2 values, that
I can run after boot,  to replace the faulty info that is being place
in /etc/resolv.conf, during bootup... but the 'fix' only works for 30
minutes, at which time the resolv.conf file is over-written, I would
assume, by DHCP, and everything reverts to the delay of about 1
minute, for domain name resolution.

</snip>
Thanks in advance, for any suggestions, comments, etc.

-wittig
website: http://www.robertwittig.com/
.

Hi,

You could put your local changes in /etc/resolv.conf.tail - thus when resolv.conf is overwritten your local changes will be preserved.

HTH

Fred