On 2015-07-02, Patrik Lundin <pat...@sigterm.se> wrote:

> In summary, using the following commands (together with ip6 forwarding
> enabled)
> allows us to have a working setup without any other manual intervention:
>===
> # ifconfig em0 inet6 autoconf
> # ifconfig em1 inet6 autoconf
> # dhcp6c -Df -c /etc/dhcp6c.conf em0
> # rtadvd em1
>===
>
> But like stated initially, we do not really like the idea of enabling autoconf
> on em1.

Once you get that far, you might notice that dynamic addresses for
your network are rather inconvenient.  You'll need to update all
references to your internal hosts in
* pf.conf
* DNS zones
* ... any other daemons that might refer to them ...

You'll also need to distribute the addresses to your hosts.  If you
don't like SLAAC-style addresses, you'll need DHCPv6.  Which you
might also need for the nameserver, NTP server, etc.

Out of the box, OpenBSD is poorly equipped for all of this.

I recently switched ISPs and the new one offers native IPv6 the
TR-187 way, but given that level of pain I'll stay with my SixXS
tunnel and my static /48 for the time being.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de