On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 03:12:50PM -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
> The client doesn't need inbound UDP ports to be open. The OpenBSD
> firewall do, if you're using DHCPv6 to configure it. If using SLAAC,
> only RS and RA icmp messages are needed. Since stateless configuration
> is done using multicast (ff02) and link-local (fe80) addresses, no
> need to worry. You can even make a rule allowing only your CPE
> link-local, if you want.

I stand corrected.

I just disabled all of my IPv6-related pf exceptions and it still works.
I must have inadvertantly fixed something else when I added them.

> You don't need DHCPv6. I use stateless both for my firewall getting
> it's IPv6 address from the CPE and for it advertising the prefix on
> the internal network. Most modern systems can configure the dns using
> stateless configuration. So only a subset of ICMPv6 messages need to
> be allowed both on the router and clients.

Also correct. I just checked, and Comcast home routers let you choose
between stateless and stateful IPv6 config in their control panel.

Sorry for the noise,
Michael