On 07/15/15 18:28, li...@wrant.com wrote:
>>> I'm considering buying a new netbook...
>
> So you asked what not to buy. You got some good and solid advice from
> knowledgeable people here regarding what works great including
> OpenBSD coverage.

I'm really happy with my old netbook though.  Guess what everything
worked on it except wifi.  So I put trust into the same brand, and it
has bitten me.  X won't work, the intel drm driver doesn't work.

I hacked a little in the kernel to see if a simple fix would fix it, it
didn't.  However the bright news is that I bought this netbook for a
purpose of a personal project.  Those features that I needed work.

So I'm somewhat disappointed but it's not the end of the world.

BTW by the time someone said "don't buy brand" I already bought it.  It
came shipped to me here this morning.

I did not chose to get a Lenovo because I felt they were pricy over the
350 euros that I paid.  Maybe my own fault then, but I wanted to be
adventurous.

Cheers,
-peter