On 2015-06-26, Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de> wrote:
> On 2015-06-26, Giancarlo Razzolini <grazzol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>      I've recently changed my ISP and they have native IPv6. My customer
>> premises equipment, which is a GPON, supports both stateless as DHCPv6
>> on it's LAN interface. I want to put a OpenBSD firewall between this CPE
>> and my internal network.
>
> So you have TWO networks.  One between the CPE and your OpenBSD
> firewall, and one containing the firewall and your internal machines.
>
>> I'm using OpenBSD 5.7 stable. My CPE receive a
>> /64 prefix delegation from my ISP.
>
> So you get ONE network address.
>
> You can't use a single network address for two networks.  This has
> nothing to do with IPv6.  It's the same with IPv4.

Actually that's fine, a point-to-point interface can be unnumbered,
or in the case of IPv6, it can just have a link-local address.

So PPP can *only* configure a link-local address. To get a globally
routable address you must use another method, either SLAAC, DHCPv6 PD,
or static configuration.

SLAAC would only give you an address on a /64 for use on the PPP
interface itself.

DHCPv6 PD would give you a /64 or (if allowed by the ISP) a larger
prefix to assign to interfaces as you choose. Normally you would
assign this to "internal" interface/s, but assuming the ISP allows
more than a /64, you *can* apply part of that delegation to the
PPP interface if you would like it to have a globally routable
address.