On 2015-08-04, Steven Surdock <ssurd...@engineered-net.com> wrote:
> The broken SNMP on i386/5.7 is preventing me from upgrading.  I tried
> i386/5.8 but I'm still seeing net-snmpd crash with the following error.
>
>    NET-SNMP version 5.7.3
>    Error expanding HCInReceives to 64bits in ipSystemStatsTable.ipv4
>    Error expanding HCInDelivers to 64bits in ipSystemStatsTable.ipv4
>    Error expanding HCOutRequests to 64bits in ipSystemStatsTable.ipv4

Oh, I wasn't aware of this, if a port is broken on some arch please let the
maintainer know rather than hope they notice a report on misc@...

Can you get output with debugging enabled for "c64"? Should be something like
snmpd -Dc64 -f -Le

Do you particularly need something from Net-SNMP or could you use snmpd from
base instead? If it does what you need, the latter is always preferable.

> Is amd64 the new i386?

yes.

> Would my energy be best spent migrating my default install to amd64?  Thanks.

that's up to you to decide :)