On 2015-08-25, keith scott <ke...@scott-land.net> wrote:
> A carped pair of our obsd firewalls (5.7) both failed yesterday morning
> within a few hours of each other. The message on the screen read as follows
>
> panic: mtx_enter: locking against myself
> Stopped at Debugger+0x9: Leave run........
>
> I rebooted both machines to bring services back on line so the above is all
> I took note off. Both servers are Dell R310 running stock OBSD 5.7 amd64
> with a patched / updated relayd from cvs.
>
> Does anyone know what might have caused this ?  I was wondering if when the
> machines crash would they have dumped anything to disk that might help
> identify the cause ?

Unless you typed 'boot dump' to reboot, probably not. Did you capture any
more of the text on screen? You should have had a message like this:

RUN AT LEAST 'trace' AND 'ps' AND INCLUDE OUTPUT WHEN REPORTING THIS PANIC!
IF RUNNING SMP, USE 'mach ddbcpu <#>' AND 'trace' ON OTHER PROCESSORS, TOO.
DO NOT EVEN BOTHER REPORTING THIS WITHOUT INCLUDING THAT INFORMATION!