Actually Windows won't allow you to create more than one partition on a USB
device only if it has the "removable disk" flag set. Some USB mass storage
devices don't have this flag set (from the factory), and if it's not set you
can partition it normally.

It is also possible to flash many makes and models of USB flash drives with the
flash chip manufacturer's tools (which are often easy to find online).

Sent from my iPhone