Paco Willers schreef op 2015-11-10 07:53:
Hi,

When using a PS/2 mouse everything worked fine. I swapped it for a USB
mouse, but this mouse isn't always detected while booting my (386-based) OpenBSD 5.8-stable system. Replugging the mouse when the system is running usually solves the problem: the mouse is detected and works fine. Sometimes this replugging needs to be done several times on different USB ports for
it to have effect.

Before sending this message I checked whether the mouse itself is the
problem because it's a cheap one, so I tried other OSes (Debian Linux 8.2, NetBSD 7.0 and FreeBSD 10.2) and the problem was gone, so my mouse looks OK. Possibly the problem is in the combination of my hardware with OpenBSD.
However I would like to use OpenBSD. :)

Is this a known problem? I saw some people on this mailing list having
trouble with USB mouses periodically reconnecting, but that's not my
problem: most of the time it isn't detected at all.

I have the same issue, but much less frequent. I guess it happens one out of 20 or 30 times I start the machine and replugging it once (in the same port) always makes it work. And once it works, it keeps working without any further issues. I run 5.8-stable/amd64, but this also happened on 5.7-stable (and I think also on older versions).

Maurice