On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org> wrote:
>> But if we lose the project leader due to lack of exercise and food,
>> that's not good for the project. You made it very clear in a previous
>> message to this thread that no Foundation money comes to you. So while
>> the Foundation may be doing good things with their money, we, the
>> community, need to be sure that you have what you need. And in the
>> unlikely event that the freeloader factor decreases and we send you
>> more than you need, couldn't you turn the excess over to the
>> Foundation?
>
> Easily done by paying for a hackathon or two directly.

Just to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that
you can handle the case "easily" where you have more than enough money
for your needs by your paying for hackathons from the excess?

If I've got that right, then it seems clear that when we sit down to
thank you and your team by helping financially, the money ought to go
to you. That might be hard for you to say, because of the obvious
awkwardness, but I can say it. This seems clear, given declining CD
revenues (which provide some support for you) and the Foundation
providing no support for you. That doesn't sound sustainable, unless
we pitch in with sufficient direct contributions to you.