On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 12:44:00PM +0000, Roderich wrote:
> I am having some problems with the (new?) installer. I want to install
> OpenBSD 5.8 off-line.
>
> (1) I burned a CD Rom with install58.iso, it booted, but when it
>      asks for the location of installation sets, it does not offer
>      cdrom, only disk and http.

You're not offering a lot of info here, but let me venture a guess: for
some odd reason, your CD-ROM is identified as something else by the installer
kernel. I'd try the disk option and try any disks presented. Without a dmesg
(see eg http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#getdmesg) it's not possible to
offer any other insights.

were those files also visible by pointing a browser at http://10.0.0.1/5.8/i386
?