I thank again Raf and Peter, and now Kurt!

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016, Raf Czlonka wrote:

> That was Peter who mentioned it, not me - he's better at reading minds
> that I am, so it seems ;^)
>
> BTW, this might be useful - https://marc.info/?t=143200537900001

It seems, it is worse than that.

I attached my old external drive in the just installed OpenBSD,
and it got panic. I got a "ddb{0}" prompt. I should report
the result of "trace" and "ps" given to that promp, but I do
not know how to save that with OpenBSD in that panic state,
and I dont want to get a panic again. :)

> The installer expects SHA256.sig as it uses signify to verify the sets -
> simply download it from your local mirror[0].

O.K. with the sets in install58.iso, the file
/pub/OpenBSD/5.8/i386/SHA256.sig in the mirror
and index.txt (obtained with "ls -nT > index.txt" in the directory)
it worked.

It would have been nice to have SHA256.sig and index.txt from
the beginning in istall58.iso. Then downloading, doing vnconfig
and mounting on htdocs would be enough.

> I'm still not following. *Which* files exactly do you have in mind?

Forget it. Perhaps unpacking with something like "tar xzpf" is enough.

In any case, to have a guide for manual installing would be nice.
When I have troubles with the installer (or an insaller of a OS),
then I have to begin from 0. I hate it. OpenBSD has a better installer,
because one have less troubles, because it is not so fat than others,
that is all.

Rodrigo.