I am completely confused. It seems that everything I've known about
queueing in PF does not apply any more, while at the same time there are
no reliable sources to learn new stuff.

Let's follow this paragraph from 'Book of PF':

---quote---
Shaping by Setting Traffic Priorities
If you’re mainly interested in pushing certain kinds of traffic ahead
of others, you may be able to achieve what you want by simply setting
priorities: assigning a higher priority to some items so that they
receive attention before others.
---quote---

This is _exactly_ what I'm mainly interested in. As I want to throttle
just p2p traffic, I should be able to accomplish my goal with the
following relevant lines:

p2p = "{ 10000:65535 }"
match proto { tcp udp } to port $p2p set prio 0
pass in  on $if_int inet proto { tcp udp }  from $if_int:network \
         to any port $p2p
pass out on $if_ext inet proto { tcp udp }  from $if_int:network \
         to any port $p2p

But, at least on my hardware, this does nothing. Torrents are still
being downloaded at max speed (~8Mbit/s), while simultaneous
download of install59.fs from ftp.obenbsd.org goes at at ~6Kbit/s.

Any comment? Suggestion? Instruction how to troubleshoot?

Thank you in advance.
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/