Hi Everyone! This is my first post to the mailing list as I am new to OpenBSD. I am running version 5.8 (amd64) on a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with a fairly default installation.

I have a few issues to sort out but my first concern is that I cannot exit out of FVWM. I launch it via the command startx while logged in as root. When I go to exit (left mouse click on the desktop > Exit), the system just hangs which requires me to forcefully power down the laptop. I am not using a login or display manager such as xdm(1) so I do not have an ~/.xinitrc or /etc/rc.conf.local file. During installation, I answered Yes to "Do you expect to run the X Window System?" and No to "Do you want the X Window System to be started by xdm(1)?"

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Samir Parikh