Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:40:52 -0400 Michael McConville <mm...@mykolab.com>
> Implausibility wrote:
> > I know how to install things via the ports, but traversing the
> > directory structure to find useful packages is painful.  If there's a
> > more friendly way to search for and discover new/interesting ports
> > packages, I'd appreciate a link.
>
> 'pkg_info -Q $YOUR_QUERY' will show package names containing
> $YOUR_QUERY.

This provides description for a specific package:

$ pkg_info -d pkg_mgr

pkg_mgr is a high-level, user-friendly package browser for OpenBSD..

This installs a package:

$ pkg_add -vvvvv pkg_mgr

The cvsweb has a category sysutils for more ports like pkg_mgr:

[http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/sysutils/]

You use the pkg_mgr to quickly browse, pkg_add to install, and cvsweb
to read ports details should you need these.

For some additional web based convenience you can at times query the
external page:

[http://openports.se/sysutils]