On 2016.04.18, Daniel Boyd wrote:
> Thanks -- I will give xombrero a shot.  Definitely need javascript support
> as I am currently composing this in Gmail  and do quite a bit of
> javscript-based web development :)
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 1:31 PM, <arrowscr...@mail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the problem is with firefox itself.
> > tedu@ wrote a post about this:
> > http://www.tedunangst.com/flak/post/firefox-vs-rthreads
> >
> > Since the code is so bloated, no one will ever waste time trying to fix
> > all the issues. Just switch to some other browser, there's plenty of
> > options.
> > I'm using Links 2.12 on -stable and it works fine for my needs. But
> > there's also Xombrero if you need javascript support.

there is also vimb which is lightweight and has javascript support.
i find it to be quite faster than xombrero and much easier to setup.
as the name suggests it is made to operate with vim like keybindings
much like the firefox plugin vimperator. this might be a deal breaker
or sealer for some. it also has no tab support but is xembed aware so
you can combine it with the `tabbed` package and run as:

$tabbed -c vimb -e

each tab being its own process is very nice as one page crashing won`t
kill your entire session and closing a tab will free up resources.

i do like xombrero but it crashes quite often for me and doesn`t seem
to have much development going on.