On Friday 06 January 2006 14:46, Ted Unangst wrote:
> i had an afternoon free and nothing better to do.  i probably stored
> about 10k of data on a cgd partition for about 5 minutes to see if it
> worked, then deleted it.  the stats with encrypted svnd are pretty
> similar, though i think i used one as long as an hour one time.

I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding. So are you saying that you designed
svnd because you were bored, that you built it without any ends in
mind, and that your purpose was not to protect your data, but only to
kill time?

I'm not accusing you of poor programming, I'm just wondering how
desireable encrypted filesystems are to the developers of
OpenBSD--which seems like a for-us-by-us to me.

Travers